Social Media Guru with a Sunny Disposition
Amanda is the Social Media Marketing Manager at Stacey E. Burke, P.C. She focuses her work exclusively on social media strategy and implementation for our clients. Always coming up with creative new ideas to expand law firms’ social presence, Amanda spends her days keeping up-to-date on the newest trends for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google My Business, and YouTube. She communicates with clients to help them build a strong social media presence, helping establish each law firm as an authority on legal topics while simultaneously humanizing the firms through more personal content sharing.
Amanda’s true love (after her husband Alex and her dog Theo – although not necessarily in that order….) is traveling. She and her husband love to jet off for the weekend to places both near and far, even opting for a destination wedding in the beautiful mountains of Colorado. And of course, Amanda’s Instagram posts of their travels are always perfectly photographed, captioned, and hashtagged.
Her love of travel started in college when she spent a semester abroad in Ronda, Spain. After graduating from the University of Kansas with a Bachelor of Science in Journalism, she dedicated a year of her life to teaching English as a foreign language in Hangzhou, China, using the opportunity to travel throughout Asia.
A native Texan, Amanda returned to her roots and started her next chapter in Austin. She worked as a Membership Development Executive for the Girl Scouts of Central Texas, utilizing her volunteer management skills and public relations knowledge. A few years later, Amanda began working in communications for the University of Texas at Austin School of Public Health, managing social media channels, developing strategic communications plans, and generating creative content.
Amanda moved to Houston in 2016, and joined the team at Stacey E. Burke, P.C. shortly thereafter. She manages social media accounts for our clients, crafts strategic plans, creates original content and graphics, engages in proprietary audience building strategies to increase followings across social media channels, engages with each law firm’s online community, and writes award-winning blogs. Always with a smile on her face and quick to laugh, Amanda makes social media marketing fun.
Honors and awards
- “Working Remotely: Tips For Social Media Marketers,” Top 10 Blog Posts Texas Bar Today, State Bar of Texas, March 2020.
- “6 Tips For A Successful Law Firm Blog,” Top 10 Blog Posts Texas Bar Today, State Bar of Texas, July 2018.
- “5 Signs It’s Time You Hire Social Media Help,” Top 10 Blog Posts Texas Bar Today, State Bar of Texas, April 2018.
- “Five Types of Content Your Audience Actually Wants to Read,” Top 10 Blog Posts Texas Bar Today, State Bar of Texas, February 2018.
- “Optimize Your Social Media Networks in One Hour,” Top 10 Blog Posts Texas Bar Today, State Bar of Texas, October 2017.
- “Why Email Marketing and Social Media Go Hand In Hand,” Top 10 Blog Posts Texas Bar Today, State Bar of Texas, July 2017
- “The Dos and Don’ts for Lawyers on Reddit,” Top 10 Blog Posts Texas Bar Today, State Bar of Texas, June 2017.
- “Your Law Firm and Video Content: The Time Is Now,” Top 10 Blog Posts Texas Bar Today, State Bar of Texas, January 2017.
- “Is Your Law Firm Website Mobile-Friendly?,” Top 10 Blog Posts Texas Bar Today, State Bar of Texas, October 2016.
- “Is It Time For a Legal Branding Makeover?,” Top 10 Blog Posts Texas Bar Today, State Bar of Texas, September 2016.
- “The Fundamental Marketing Emails Your Law Firm Should Be Sending,” Top 10 Blog Posts Texas Bar Today, State Bar of Texas, June 2016.
- Texas Bar Journal: March 2020 Edition, “Networking on LinkedIn”
- SmallLaw E-Newsletter: July 18, 2019 Edition, “Optimize Your Video Content With These 4 Critical Tips”
- SmallLaw E-Newsletter: May 7, 2019 Edition, “It’s Time To Get Your Law Firm Started on Instagram”
- Texas Bar Journal: March 2019 Edition, “Crunching The Numbers: Social Media Metrics You Should Actually Care About”
- SmallLaw E-Newsletter: April 10, 2018 Edition, “Five Signs It’s Time To Hire Social Media Help”
- SmallLaw E-Newsletter: October 3, 2017 Edition, “5 Tips For Perfecting Your Law Firm’s Social Media Designs”
Self-Leadership Certification, University of Texas Human Resources